Howdy folks! Sad to think, but this past Saturday evening I was watching the Mardi Gras parades kick off in New Orleans (I was on the corner or Royal and St. Phillip streets, to be exact). Today I’m back in the office watching it snow out the window. Talk about a chilly (or to be more exact, ‘chilling’ reception). Anyways, on with the show!
- We’ll get to our picks for the SuperBowl The “Big Game” early next week. But it seems I was right about one thing in my picks. The Har-Bowl talk is already spiraling out of control. (Get it? Football… spiraling?) Anyhow, even through all of that, this one was pretty funny. Only question would have been if John Harbaugh’s (And Jim’s, too) would have fallen for the prank. Calling in as “John from Baltimore probably gave it away though”.
- I’m not gonna say that athletes are superstitious, but if the Ravens win after observing this rule, I could see it becoming a trend. Just like it is in hockey. You know, when they bother to play a full season once in a while. And besides… with the roll they’re on leading up to his last game… who’s gonna tell Ray Lewis “No”?
- Staying on a football kick a little bit here, I’m going to enjoy watching a lot of the CBS coverage from New Orleans. Because having just been down in the French Quarter, and especially down near Jackson Square, every time I see “CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square” all I’ll be able to think about will be that giant line up of big tractor-trailer rigs that had to navigate down streets that were built barely wide enough for two horses, let alone modern trucks.
- 48 hours ago as I write this, I was still in the French Quarter. And yes, in true boondoggle fashion I was already at a bar. But even as I was enjoying the last bit of nice weather I could before heading home, a brutally cold weather system had people talking about what might happen next year with the Superbowl being playing outdoors in New Jersey. I say bring on a blizzard during the game. The reason everyone remembers the “Tuck Rule” game isn’t simply because of that call. It was because the Raiders and Patriots played it in a snowstorm!
- Lastly, and you had to know I’d get in on it a bit, too. This whole fake girlfriend story. Now, I honestly think it’s much ado about nothing, other than the fact that it’s such a bizarre train wreck that you can’t stop watching. But just when Don Banks from SI.com tweets “Not sure Te’o could look or sound worse if he was caught with inflatable doll. Dressed as Norman Bates’ mother. This story needs to go away.” Along come the Dallas Stars who just help keep the viral nature going with this classic…
Okay folks, that’s it and I’m wrapping it up. Time to chill back and relax for the weekend. So on that note….
Have a great weekend folks!