Good morning everyone, and welcome to February. If the title seems rather random today… well, that’s because that’s pretty much where we’re headed. So, let’s get to it shall we?
- I will admit, I managed to call it and even I’m already tired of the coverage. Yes, I’m talking about the hype building up to the Superbowl. It almost seems like it can’t get any more out of control. And then I read about Canadians having 30 foot antennas installed so they can watch the game on American television. For the commercials! Admittedly, the commercials are often better than the game.
- First there was all the talk about the bacon shortage. Now, leading up to the Superbowl (convenient, no?) comes talk of a chicken wing apocalypse. Talk about hitting Superbowl parties right where they live! Just remember, if you switch to chicken nuggets as a standby… Parts is parts. And uh… if you can’t find any wings, under no circumstances should you go with the chicken rings. Ever. Think about what part THAT might be.
- It’s the line almost everyone remembers from the movie. It’s a running joke, a punchline unto itself. It’s overused, and applied at the drop of a hat. But there is a reason that “You’re gonna need a bigger boat” has stuck around all these years. This however, is probably not one of those occasions. Or maybe it was. Either way, a headline about a hooked marlin sinking a fishing boat makes this week’s list.
- And now, it’s time to get a bit cranky. There’s been a viral receipt story going around lately. And this one has a bit of a twist. A rather classless minister left a receipt with a note asking “I give God 10%, why do you get 18%”. Of course, it should be noted, She then left a ZERO percent tip. The waitress has since been fired and the chain apologized to the minister. You know what, I side with the server on this one. The name wasn’t really posted (Someone still recognized part of the signature apparently and ID’d the cheapskate). Still, you don’t want to be called out like that? Do the right thing. Pay the tip. If you don’t you’re not only stiffing the server, but also the bar backs, bus boys, hostess, possibly even some of the kitchen staff. Yeah, nice job there Pastor. When’s the next sermon on giving?
- And now for something completely different… Yahoo just published an article outlining some of the wackier traffic laws around the country. And while the actual article deals with some good tips, the graphic at the bottom with the silly laws steals the show. The one that catches my eye consistently though? In Sarasota, the fine for hitting a pedestrian with your vehicle is $78. Heck, at that price I might line a few people up on purpose! And Sarasota is located, naturally, in Florida. Of course it. Always Florida.
Okay, that’s five and I’m ready to start Superbowl weekend. And our picks are in, and will be posted this afternoon. So we’ll see you then. Until then… I have a question. What would Brian Boitano Do?
Had to slip in one more wing reference! Have a great weekend folks!