Happy snowy morning everyone. Yep, it’s another Friday, and that means another edition of Five Thoughts, and here lately – another big snowstorm. It’s been a great week though, so I’m not gonna get a little snow and cold get me down. And with that in mind, let’s get started!
- Speaking of being down, I know this won’t surprise anyone who’s even remotely local, but Detroit was just named to the number one spot on a Forbes list! Of Miserable Cities. Like I said, it’ll be no surprise to any locals.. What’s that? It wasn’t a commentary on the city government? Really! Well, it still a pretty accurate ranking.
- In the meantime, Michigan’s state government is looking to tackle the tough issues. It seems they’re finally getting around to going after those notorious criminals, Kramer and Newman. That’s right you two. The state’s on to your little bottle return scam!
- Being the age that I am, it’s not uncommon for me to reference things from the 80s or 90s. One thing I generally don’t bring up, or even worse, try to bring back is the fashion. Sadly, I may be alone in that. It would appear that one of the worst of the 1990s fashions is trying to make a comeback. Yep, I’m talking overalls. Hmm… I wonder if Tim from Moonshiners has anything to do with it?
- This one ended up being one of my favorite stories of the week. On Monday, Burger King’s twitter account was hacked. On Tuesday morning, the company that handles social media for Jeep posted an article about how to avoid being hacked. 15 minutes later, Jeep’s twitter account was hacked. I haven’t checked the site lately to see if they’ve posted a “How not to tempt fate” article yet.
- Lastly, from the “You’re not real bright, are you?” department… It seems that there’s an organization that’s battling a rash of employees using work issued electronics for inappropriate communications. Yep, ‘sexting’ basically. Now yes, I know it probably happens everywhere to an extent. And there are people who ‘think’ they probably know ways around it. But when it’s happening at the organization that’s gets involved in investigating a lot of these cases… well.. “You aren’t real bright, are you?”. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the F B I. (I wanted to use this quote – but I couldn’t find a video of it). This one still seems appropriate though. We’re gonna need some more FBI guys.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here. Time to stare out the window at the snow let the knowledge of my recently scheduled boondoggle keep me warm. Yep, before long it will be Boondoggle time again. Hello, Montego Bay!
Have a great weekend folks!