Howdy folks, and welcome to Beer’s last post of Five Thoughts before he escapes on an annual Boondoggle. That’s right… you’ll get a guest writer for Five Thoughts next week. But this week, let’s see what’s kicking around inside Beermaker’s brain…
- So, this past week saw the official first day of spring. You certainly wouldn’t know it from the weather though. And as a result… People are calling for Punxsutawney Phil’s head. He’s even been indicted in Ohio. Naturally, his handler’s are trying to defend him. Yeah, tell that to the folks in Grand Marais Michigan, where as of Thursday morning… 29 inches of snow had fallen since Monday. Brrr.
- I know my co-blogger Kingkielbasa isn’t really big on the whole zombie craze. And frankly, I don’t really get it either. I guess after the whole vampire thing, it was just their turn. However, I couldn’t help but think about zombies when a ‘dead’ deer jumped up and ran away when it got the chance recently. Check out the video in the article, it’s worth it. And also… The article says the officer ‘was startled’, is that a polite euphemism for “nearly soiled themselves”?
- Speaking of soiling yourself (No, don’t worry it isn’t going to about that!), tell me that it didn’t happen to this Corvette driver. I think the headline speaks for itself, “Corvette driver escapes decapitation in crash by ducking“. The driver of what was left of the Corvette left the scene with “only non-life threatening injuries”. Still, what was that line from that Bill Cosby routine years ago? First you say it, then you do it!
- Ah yes, years ago… There was a time when I watched a lot of late night television. I’ve long since moved on from that due to schedules, life, disinterest, etc.. However, I was always under the impression that none of the late shows ever really did re-runs. They’d bring in guest hosts, sure, but it was almost always a new show. Then I read about NBC’s plan to replace Jay Leno on the Tonight Show. Didn’t we already see this one before?
- Lastly, just because it’s fun. NBA Hall of Famer Adrian Dantley is now working as a crossing guard at a middle school and an elementary school in Maryland. He’s doing, from the account in the article, “for the health care benefits and to have something to do” not because he needs the money. The part of the article that really made me laugh? Dantley said he “enjoys giving the young children high fives and encouragement” in the article. And I instantly had a mental picture of a 7 year old trying to high five a 6 foot 5 inch tall former NBA star. I don’t think the fives are all that high in that situation!
Okay folks, that’s a quick five and I’m off to get ready for the Boondoggle Bus! Where am I off to this time? Ah, that would be telling. You know the rules, no telling till I get back! I’ll check in next week and see what our friend PB has come up with for Five Thoughts. Until then, since it’s so cold… can someone please make sure the Heat is on? Thanks!
Have a great weekend folks!