Howdy folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts! I’m back again this week to guide you through another silly post. So, let’s get started rambling through another one of Beermaker’s rambling rants about what’s going on in the news of the weird (at least according to Beer’s Brain) this week.
- Let’s start with this one. I’m really trying to figure this one out. A woman in Chicago is fighting a $100,000 parking fine. It appears her ex-boyfriend abandoned a car at an airport parking lot, where it piled up the fines over three years. So… you didn’t notice the car was gone for three years? You didn’t report it stolen? One day three years on you suddenly remembered “Oh! I know where we left the car!”??? Or you just wanted to get rid of it, and dumping it an at airport parking lot seemed easier than calling one of those charities that will come get it from your house??? This is definitely one where there’s got to be more to this story.
- There are times during everyone’s life when they wonder if someone is even paying attention. Like when someone tries to merge into your lane on the expressway – right into the spot your vehicle is currently occupying. Or, you know… when it turns out that those toy poodles you bought after wanting them for so long… turn out to be ferrets on steroids. Yes, you read that right. Ferrets. On Steroids. Sounds like a bad B movie title (You know, like Snakes on a Plane). They didn’t look odd to you at all when you bought them, right?
- Speaking of not paying attention. When I read this article and watched the video I thought most of it was very cool. How else would you describe a close encounter with a huge shark while you’re on a kayak doing some fishing? But then there’s a the part in the video where he brings (what’s left of) the fish up towards and almost onto the kayak. And so I have to ask… were you not paying attention? Did you not see the size of the shark? Did you not notice that it likes that fish, and is roughly the same size as your kayak? I really don’t think you want it coming aboard.
- Changing gears… We’ve made no secret that we like old cars around here. And when something comes along that can combine some the vehicles we thought were cool growing up with the TV shows and movies we thought were cool? Even better. And when they’re from Hot Wheels, which means we don’t have to plan on hitting the lottery to afford them? Well, that gets mentioned here. Because This is cool. Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment series memorializes your favorite Hollywood cars. The link is worth a click just for the picture in the article.
- Lastly, despite all of my boondoggles I don’t really consider myself a worldly person. I certainly don’t consider myself a diplomat or a peacemaker. That being said..I think I finally have it figured out. I know why North Korea is always so cranky. Turns out, there’s a BEER SHORTAGE in North Korea. I was reading an article about a group that tried to set up a brewery in North Korea and this line caught my eye, “They can’t produce enough for the domestic market”. Don’t they know beer promotes love? And not just the beer-goggle type. I’m talking down to earth “I love you, man” statements.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here. And then I mean out of here. I mean “Look for a guest writer next week because I’m off on another boondoggle” gone. Yep, As a late winter storm draws a bead on our state I’m drawing a line in the sand. On a beach. Someplace warm. You know, down in that One Particular Harbor.
Have a great weekend folks!