Wow, what a week in the world of the weird, wild, and wacky we’ve just had. Happy Friday everyone. We’ve had a lot of things to choose from this week, so in typical Beerbarrel fashion we’re going to throw together some random stories that will hopefully at least think about cracking a smile. Let’s get started on it, shall we?
- The problem with having such a wide variety of stories to pick from this week, is figuring out where to start. How about in the Savannah, GA area? That’s where researches have finally found the location of a missing colonial area fort. Now, I realize it wasn’t all that large, and it was way back in the day, and there was – you know – a war going on at the time… But how exactly does one go about losing the location of a fort??? “It was JUST HERE! I swear, this is where we left it!” Still, thought it was cool, so I figured I would pass it along.
- It seems that even as a former commander-in-chief, there are a few things that are still out of President Clinton’s reach. Including being able to talk Led Zepplin into reuniting. Maybe he just didn’t use the correct approach. Maybe he should have said he was “On a mission from God“? Worked for these guys…
- If you spend anytime reading back through this blog, you’ll see that we’ve mentioned a run of bad events on cruise ships. All of them applying to Carnival cruise lines. You know, running aground in Italy, engine fires and overflowing toilets at sea, breaking lose at the dock, failed inspections, and now… two people going overboard offshore of Australia. I don’t know about you, but I think you’d have a hard time convincing me to even set foot on one of their boats right now. They keep trying to come back though. And every time I read another one of these stories, all I can think of is Mickey’s advice to Rocky in the original movie. “Down, stay down!” In otherwords, waive the white flag already folks. Change your name, something, anything!
- I always like to be able to include something about cars in these posts. I always like to include something from the “You’re not real bright, are you?” department in these posts. Every now and then, those two meet up to provide an ideal entry to use in this space. I think the title says it all… Watch A Corvette-Driving Idiot Fail At Donuts Then Commit Hit-And-Run.
- Lastly, this comes to us under the “It’s been done” heading. Big headline – “Man uses spoon to break out of Russian maximum-security prison“. The article goes on to link to another article, and describes how “using only a spoon” to dig a hole through the cell’s ceiling and escape. The authors seem very impressed by that. Apparently they don’t remember the movie “Escape From Alcatraz“. As I mentioned… It’s been done.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here. Time to go get the boat tuned up and ready to go fishing. That’s right, Beer’s out again next week. A fishing boondoggle is on tap. Don’t worry though, I’ll make sure to leave to blog in good hands. Heck, the guys will probably need to do another round of picks here soon anyways. In the meantime, since we closed with a Clint Eastwood reference, let’s go with that today!
Have a great weekend!