Howdy folks! Welcome to this week’s edition of five thoughts. I meant to take notes this week, and have a bunch of fun stuff ready to go, I really did. Of course, you can all probably guess from the title how that all worked out. No notes. So we’re writing this one live! Hey, some bands are famous for their live performances! Yeah, not gonna aim for that though – besides… we’re a bit short on pyrotechnics here at the office. Anyway, on with today’s post!
- I see the King and PB got their picks up for the Stanley Cup finals this week. I’m still not watching, and was only vaguely aware of how was playing. I gotta wonder though… What happened to the guys from Cigars and Scotch? Did they get left out because they were beating up on the guys too much?
- Okay, I often post stuff “just because I can. And this might be one of those times. Or, some people might think it’s ‘cute’. I don’t. I think a 6 year old catching a massive tarpon is freaking awesome! I just have one question though… Did they have a tether on the little guy to keep him from being pulled into the water by that huge fish?
- Staying on, or maybe in this case, in the water… Another cool story popped up this week. It seems there’s an expedition that’s trying to find the wreck of the Griffin. The Griffin is a ship dating back to colonial times, that disappeared on Lake Michigan some 300 years ago. And folks, don’t let the name “Lake Michigan” fool you. It may be fresh water but it’s every bit as dangerous as an ocean.
- This one has to be from the “Where on earth to these people find the time to come up with this crap?” department. Apparently, someone got a burr in their saddle and decided to file a lawsuit to challenge the copyright of the song…… “Happy Birthday“. I’m telling you, you can’t make this crap up if you try!
- Lastly, what’s a Five Thoughts without a note about something automotive related? And this week, we have one. I like to call it… “How not to treat a car that’s worth $400,000“. And for those of you who don’t want to bother reading it since you probably already guessed what happened? We have a video! YIKES!!
Okay folks, that’s this week’s thrown together post and I’m off to enjoy what looks to be a nice weekend. Also – Happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there!
In the meantime, a little departure from some of the normal music. We’re gonna go with one that used to be in the tape deck of dad’s car growing up.
Have a great weekend folks!