Happy Friday everyone. Yep, it’s that time again. Time to run through the weird, the strange, the dumb, and the stupid. Heck, we’ll even throw in silly at no extra charge! And yes, as this week’s post title alludes to, today is Friday the 13th. (You know, that may be the first time I’ve used “alludes to” in a post!)
- Given today’s date… this is hilarious. It’s Friday the thirteenth. And you’re about to board your flight to Helsinki Finland when you notice a couple of things. Namely, your flight number is 666, and the airport code you are flying to is HEL. Yep. Somebody queue up the AC/DC song….
- Wow… It really is true, you know? We humans try to add extra sugar to everything! As in the recent molasses spill near Honolulu, Hawaii. Now… yes, I understand it’s not cool that this spill happened and killed the fish. But it still made for a lighthearted joke. I could have cone with the other angle from the story… where authorities are saying that the molasses in the water that’s killing the fish poses no threat to humans… except for all the sharks, barracuda, and eels the dead fish are expected to draw in. Yeah, a shark poses no risk to humans. As long as you’re still on land (Unless you have a Sharknado). And uh.. stay away from anything labelled “sweetened fish” for a while, I’d say.
- Speaking of things in the water that can harm you…. How about this one? A a rare brain-eating amoeba has been found in a municipal Louisiana water supply. But don’t worry, “the water is safe to drink, state officials said, although they cautioned against getting water in the nose”. Oh, that’s reassuring. And that’s why… I don’t always drink in Louisiana, but when I do, I prefer alcohol!
- Next up, it’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s….. actually…. it’s a frog. So this is what Kermit has been up to these days. A frog recently photo bombed a NASA spaceship launch. Let’s be honest, Kermit was just looking to join up with the Pigs in Space.
- And closing out on the NASA theme…. Geek alert time! NASA has reported that Voyager I has officially left our solar system. Not only that, but its also sending back sounds!
Frankly, I think this is really cool. But after listening to the sounds, I do kind of have to wonder….. Haven’t we seen this movie already?
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m off to see what the weekend brings. So, this one is for all of the weekend warriors out there. Even if you’re just waging war with the weeds in your lawn.