Happy Friday folks! And welcome to this week’s non-furloughed edition of Five Thoughts. Apparently we’ve been judged ‘essential’. Or we aren’t run by the government. Okay, okay, enough shutdown jokes. Let’s see what’s still going on this week shall we? Because even when the government stops, the world still gives us plenty of material to work with!
- It probably won’t have the same late night infomercial appeal as some of the more ‘adult’ themed versions, but it appears that in Maine they’re dealing with…. “Turkeys Gone Wild!”
(I’ll vouch for a large presence of turkeys in Michigan, too. Plus we have some of the birds, too. )
Hey, at least it’s somewhat seasonally appropriate, considering Thanksgiving is lurking just around the corner.
- I think this next one is kind of cool, although it obviously happened a while back, since it involves a government office that was actually open. I think it’s cool for two reasons, first… in a world of bad news, this ends well. And Second, I didn’t even know there was a Mutilated Currency Division of the Department of Treasury. So what happened? Well, according to the article – it wasn’t homework that a man’s dog ate, but rather $500 in cash. Frankly, I don’t think they verified the taped together restored bills. I think it was probably worth the $500 to not have to touch them.
- I got nothing on this next one. I mean really. I don’t. I can’t see any reason at all why someone wouldn’t come forward. The German police have already said that they’ve been unable to link the haul to any crime, and have not seen any claims from any legitimate owners. So why wouldn’t someone come forward to claim several pounds of gold and a six-figure sum of euros in cash? Nope, nothing fishy about that at all. Just walk in, claim it, and walk out. Easy, right?
- Sometimes these stories are enough to make you think there’s a full moon again this week. Especially when you see a headline that reads… “Birthday cake attacked in Wash. courthouse“. Yeah. This is another one where I don’t even know where to start. Safer in court than in the car with your dog. You often being your dog along and leave it in the car while you go to court? Leaving it at home wasn’t an option? No trunk in the car? And referring to the person who trashed the cake as a ‘cake molester’? Disturbing.
- Speaking of disturbing, this one should ‘bug’ a lot of people. There are scary bugs, and then there are giant Chinese hornets that are the size of your hand that are killing people. Yes. You read that correctly. They are that big, and they are capable of killing people. A quote from the video in the link… “Stingers that are up to a quarter-inch long”. Yep, scary. Enjoy the nightmares folks!
Okay folks, that’s five and it’s time for me to roll on out of here. So remember folks, when you can’t agree on something the best course of action is always to dig in and shut it down. Calling each other poopie-head is optional though. Or you could just listen to the Beach Boys and settle it on the race track.
Have a great weekend folks!