Howdy folks, and welcome to this week’s edition of Five Thoughts. Pretty quiet day around here today. PB is off doing his best Elmer Fudd impression, and a whole lot of other people are either now sleeping, or still glued to their couch/television with the release of the new Playstation 4. So while we have a few moments, let’s see what’s going on this week, shall we?
- It’s funny that we mention hunting in the opening today, because apparently the guys in the woods aren’t the only ones hunting.It would seem that hot on the heels of the Alligator at the Airport in Chicago, the Chicago police are now hunting for the person they believe brought said alligator to the airport. On the train. Yep, they have footage of it. Snakes on a plane, Gators on a train? Could be a sequel!
- Seems like this one would be right in the wheelhouse of all the video game playing folks that are home today blissfully shooting away at pixellated bad guys, racing cars, or flying planes. Or maybe not the flying part. After all, the Air Force is now searching for a drone that went down in Lake Ontario. Hmmm… wonder if they were hunting that mayor up in Toronto who’s been in the news so much lately? Apparently video game flying is harder than it looks!
- It’s a airbag! For your head! Or as they like to call it, an invisible bicycle helmet. Yeah, I really don’t have much else to add. Except I generally prefer to not wear a helmet, and NOT FALL OFF MY BIKE to begin with. Seems to have worked for me most of these years. Safety first though, I guess.
- I post this for all of my engineering friends. Many of whom are too busy with their new Playstation 4 this morning to spend too much time thinking about this right now, but when they get back from their sick day/vacation day/didn’t go in because they were picking up the next gen gaming console at midnight day off, this will help. And it’s even based on scientific studies. That’s right, for all of you who always have trouble, science has now issued you a guide. For how to properly pee into a urinal. Just in case you haven’t been able to figure it out on your own.
- We haven’t talked about cars very much in this space here lately. But we’re going to sort of talk about it now. And by sort of, I mean we’re going to talk about trucks. Big trucks. Big Volvo trucks. And we’re going to do it just so I have a reason to sneak in a mention of the new Volvo commercial that has Jean-Claude Van Damme in it. Doing the splits. Between two moving trucks. Is it just me, or does it hurt to even watch that?
Okay folks, that’s five and that means it’s time for me to split! (Ba-dum-bump!) In the meantime, Here’s hoping everyone out in the woods stays safe, stays warm, and finds happiness.
Have a great weekend folks!