Howdy folks, and happy Friday. Yep, it’s Friday again – and as this week’s title will attest, I swear it was just Monday morning yesterday. Normally I would say that blasting through a week that fast is sort of a good thing – it gets you to the weekend faster. This week though, and this time of year, I’m not so sure. With all the holiday obligations this time of year brings, plus all the other stuff going on – it’s enough to make you need a beer! Hmmm… maybe it being Friday already is a good thing. That being said, let’s see what we’ve got this week, shall we?
- I can’t help it, it’s one of my favorite movie lines. So I can help but wonder… When Chief Brody said they needed a bigger boat….
I have to wonder if something like this was what he had in mind? Because at 1,601 feet it’s as big as they come!
- Now, I know it has the potential to be a very disruptive weather event, but seeing as it’s only December 6th I find it a bit worrisome that the weather and news media have dubbed today “Ice Friday”. I mean, it’s getting on winter time. This type of weather is to be expected to a certain degree. And having spent some time in Dallas, yes – they are used to getting a bit of ice and snow there. So, again, isn’t it a bit early to be talking about the 2nd or 3rd “Deathstorm” or “Snowpocalypse” of the season already? And can we please stop with the naming winter storms thing? That’s just plain silly.
- For this one, let’s hop from silly, to funny. At least, I think it’s funny. After all, what’s not to love about a silly ski trick gone wrong? Note to self, do not try this on the upcoming ski trip. Because odds are I’d hit my own truck instead of an innocent bus.
- I have to laugh at this one for two reasons. One, it just goes to show that sometimes, even having the owner’s manual isn’t enough. And two, the lines at the end of the article:
“Glossop gave it another try, and the tank it rolled backward again through another guardrail and down an embankment.
Glossop was cited for reckless driving and first-degree criminal mischief.
Hastings says the tank is fine.”
So… Final score… guardrails and driver… Zero. Tank… Two.
- And lastly, from the not real bright, to an excuse to bust out one of my all time favorite commercials. Every week during college football season, the ESPN Gameday crew goes to a big game. And every week in the crowd behind them, people try to get their clever signs on television. And last week, one enterprising student succeeded. His sign read simply… “Hi Mom, send Bitcoin” and had a QR Code next to the Bitcoin logo. Well, a picture of the sign made it online where people we able to read the QR code. And that student’s sign, as a result… netted him roughly $24,000 in one day. As the guys in the Guinness commercials liked to say… Brilliant!
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here! Off to go find that beer and see if I can look into this supposed phenomenon known as… sleep. I don’t think it exists, but I’m sure gonna give it a try the weekend. In the meantime, let’s close out by keeping with the holiday theme. And since it’s definitely cold enough outside, how about we just “Let it snow“, huh?
Have a great weekend folks!