Good morning everyone, and welcome to another coffee fueled edition of Five Thoughts. The good news is, I have internet access today, so I don’t need to call in an emergency reliever (Big thanks to PB for subbing last week!). The bad news? Hehe… I have internet access this week and get to write today’s post! Let’s see where we land, shall we?
- I saw this one, and I knew I’d have to use it. This really does fall into the heading of, “If you use this for your PIN… you probably DESERVE to what you get”… Ladies and gentleman, the 10 Worst PIN numbers. (And why to we say PIN number? That’s what the N is for! If anything it should be PI Number!) And of course, I couldn’t read that article without think of this scene from Spaceballs!
- Next up as anyone who reads the blog knows, I like to post articles abut drones. And here comes another one. Except, this time they aren’t spying on you or shooting at anyone. They’re spying on Hurricanes. I think it’s cool, so I’m posting about it. Although now I have this mental image of a kid at a NASA drone pilots house running around going “Mom, where do hurricanes come from?” Yeah, I’m weird sometimes.
- Moving along, we have a public service announcement………
EVERYBODY PANIC! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! THEY FOUND A GIANT HOLE IN THE SUN! Okay, you don’t have to panic. But we are all gonna die, eventually, that’s how life works. And they did find a giant hole in the sun. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.
- As for this one… I’ve often wondered about it myself, but frankly I don’t think there really is any explanation. Even though they try to offer several theories. I think much like the Bermuda triangle, we just have to expect that when weird stuff happens, odds are it’s happening in Florida.
- Lastly, but certainly not least. A little something for you to ponder this weekend as you’re having a few cocktails. Because, what’s a weekend without a few drinks, right? That syrupy, sugary thing you’re calling a Daiquiri? You’re doing it wrong. Here’s what it used to be (And is supposed to be).
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m cutting out of here to start the weekend. We’ve got a car show, a concert, and even a fireworks display on tap for the weekend! Speaking of taps… yes. There will be beer involved. Hey, if you’re gonna go, go all the way. Right? (How’s THAT for a blast from the past?)
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Alcohol, Beer, Blog, Drinks, Features, Five Thoughts, Florida, From Beermaker's Brain, From the News, Random, Silly, Tech
Well, it’s been awhile but Beer figured that he’d allow me to post again. So, I’m going to do my thing and here we go….
1. I know my co-bloggers have stated their feelings on the lockout and Beer made it pretty obvious he won’t be back. Apparently, he’s not the only one. I was surprised just as many were and that “One-third of Canadians polled consider themselves “passionate” about hockey, one-third is neutral on the topic and one-third has no interest at all.” That means that 2/3 of Canadians are not concerned about the lockout. You hear that NHL and NHLPA, 2/3 of Canadians..yes Canadians aren’t interested anymore…have fun splitting those profits. Bonus note though, I found this ad to be interesting….
2. During the holidays, we all buy products that we probably don’t think about where they are made. We might for awhile become passionate about “Made in the USA” products, but after a while we find that finding items like that in all levels of purchases becomes difficult. I do believe if I received this in a purchase, I’d seriously work harder on looking at the labels.
3. I can’t believe that Christmas has come and gone already. I tried to watch as many of my favorite Christmas movies as possible, but I missed one of my favorites. So for all to enjoy is a clip that I just love….
4. I love going to the Ripley’s Fish Aquarium in Gatlingburg and Myrtle Beach. One of the highlights is going in the tunnel and watching the sharks swim past you. I might have to rethink that after seeing this video..yikes!
5. As we approach the New Year, I was intrigued to find out that I missed alot from the past year (like my appendix). I’m even more surprised to find out that missed all these new words and phrases.
Well folks, there you have it. Beer should be back from his “Alcoholiday” next week and I’m off to “Douse the Edisons.”
Good morning folks, and welcome to yet another edition of Five Thoughts. We’re suffering a bit today from what I’m un-affectionately referring to as “Weekus-interruptus”. As in, the July 4th holiday and the extra day off I took on Thursday has totally messed up my schedule for the week, effectively making a Friday feel like a Monday. Not cool. So, With that in mind, let’s see what Beer’s brain has cobbled together for today’s post. Shall we?
- Staying close to home, I’m not sure about this one. It appears the state of Michigan hopes to cut down on drunk driving by using talking urinal cakes. This makes me think of 2 points. First… How exactly do they plan to use these in the women’s restroom. And second… I’m willing to bet one of these things gives a drunk a heart attack at some point when the urinal starts talking to him. (I guess that *would* succeed in keeping him off the road though….)
- If you haven’t heard… There was a small ‘technical glitch’ on Wednesday night that caused the entire San Diego fireworks display to go off. All at once. The pictures and video of it are crazy. And of course, there are a lot of people who are either angry, upset, or dissappointed in what happened. Me, I’ve got four words to describe it. Greatest. Grand. Finale. EVER.
- This is a story I’ve been keeping an eye on for a while, and I’m frankly surprised it hasn’t gotten more coverage. I supposed it probably will when we get right down to, and then past the very last minute. Why, because at that point, if you have an affected (infected) machine… the FBI is going to pull the plug on your internet access. And that’s the point where I expect this will become a big story in the news.
- See, cool stuff like this never happens to me. When I go up into to the attic of the house and pull up floorboards, all I ever get to find is dust, a lack of proper insulation, bad do it yourself wiring jobs that could cause the house to burn down, and other stuff like that. I don’t ever get to find bottles of whiskey that are nearly 100 years old. I don’t know if I would try to drink them though. The fact that they’re that old, and still full is part of what makes it so cool.
- Hey, Look! The lifeguard who got fired for saving a drowning man? He’s getting offered his old job back! Yes, you read that right. A lifeguard got fired for saving a man’s life because the man was swimming outside of the roped off “swimming area”. Since the lifeguard left his “assinged area” while on duty, he was fired. Now, after making several statements to attempt to justify the firing (Apparently these people don’t know enough to stop digging when they’re in a hole) the company that fired the lifeguard is prepared to offer him his job back. Isn’t it amazing what a crushing amount of negative publicity can do to change a company’s position on something? The best part? There’s a note in the story that mentions the lifeguard has already stated to the press he wouldn’t accept an offer to return.
Okay folks, that’s five on the sixth and I’m ready to get this day done and over with so I can enjoy the weekend. So, let’s head on out to… a song that’s been stuck in my head since I heard it in concert last weekend. This. Exact. Song.
Have a great weekend folks!
Howdy folks, and welcome to another Friday. My my, where does the week go sometimes? (Other than spending too much time at work, working around projects at the house, etc. Well, that… and tinkering around in the brewery trying to come up with new recipes to brew)
So, let’s see what this particular day brings us, shall we? And when we get to the end, we’ll cover what that BP up there in the title really stands for.
- Now I know that this can come across as harsh, or cold… but I’m a big believer in the theory that “Stupid should hurt”. That’s the universe’s way of telling you that you are frankly, being stupid. And I have to say… I think a story about a man being charged after shooting marbles at a police speed cameraprobably fits the bill. Did you not think they would figure out it was you? What part of “camera” made you think they wouldn’t be able to spot you?
- Of course, not to be outdone by their neighbor to the north, 4 people in North Carolina were upset with the quantity of illegal drugs they had purchased and decided to do something about it by calling and complaining. One small problem… the person who they woke up in the middle of the night by calling several times? Turns out he wasn’t the seller of said drugs. Turns out, he was a sheriff’s deputy. This is where we insert the obligatory video of Red saying dumbass.
- Changing gears a bit from stupid to…. well, I’m not entirely sure. You see, it appears the authorities in Vienna, Austria have recently stopped a major crime. The theft of 9.5 tons of garlic. Now, this is one of those articles that really leaves out way too much info. Things like, who in their right mind needs 9.5 tons of garlic? How did they load it all into the vans? And most importantly… what in the world were they planning on cooking with it all?
- Staying on a subject I’m fond of (Food!)… here’s another one that really doesn’t give you enough info. America’s 10 best burger cities. Now, I’m not here to complain about the cities that were picked. I just don’t like the list in general. It doesn’t tell you what the criteria were (personal choice from what I can tell), and it seems to bounce around from In and Out Burger type fare to gourmet burgers. Not really an apples to apples comparison in my book. And for the record, I don’t think it’s important to be a great burger city. I think it’s far more important to know where to get a great burger in the city you’re in!
- Lastly… in the “Am I reading this wrong?” department is an article talking about workers who would give up “free coffee, alcohol and even lunch breaks for the opportunity to work from home, even just once a week“. Wait… I’m on board with giving up the free coffee (The stuff here is horrible anyways, so that’s probably a plus), and I’m okay with the lunch breaks…. but where the heck are these people working that they have alcohol on the job???? Things you need to put into the article, people!
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m done for another week. So, what was the “BP” in the title all about? Well, it sure isn’t about British Petroleum. And it isn’t batting practice, either. No, beach party isn’t it, even if I am seeing the Beach Boys in concert this weekend. BP is Buster Poindexter. Why? Because right now, and for the last few days it has been, and is “Hot! Hot! Hot!”
Have a great weekend folks!
Hiya folks! Yep, it’s Friday again. Funny how a week can seem so long, and then the next thing you know it’s Friday again, isn’t it? And to top it all off, it’s raining. Ah well, doesn’t change the fact that the weekend is almost here. Let’s jump in shall we?
- Having owned one growing up, when I heard that Commodore was going to start selling their 64 computer again I had several thoughts. Including “Why? My phone has more processing power than that thing did” as well as “Cool! Completely useless, but cool!”. Then I read the article, and realized that it’s a computer that will also run windows. Yeah, sorry folks. It just isn’t the same.
- I’m not generally a big fan of criminals, except for the ones that end up on the “stupid criminals” lists that make me laugh. I have to admit, I almost would have some appreciation for this guy, whole lifted a $2,300 bottle of cognac. Almost. Expect for the carton of menthol cigarettes he took too. Really dude. Everyone knows it’s cigars with cognac. Get with it, will you?
- As I mentioned to my co-blogger when I sent this to him… Why the hell can’t WE ever find anything like this? Yeah, I’ve found money in my pocket after they went through the wash, and stuff like that… but to find a 1966 Shelby GT350!!! For crying out loud! Oh, I did find something fuzzy in the back of the fridge once or twice, too. That usually gets thrown out though, not sent to auction.
- Speaking of cars. And Mustangs. And Shelby Mustangs. All I can say about this one is one word. WANT.
Shelby American has announced an 800 horsepower 2011 Mustang Super Snake.
Yes. You read that correctly. An 800 horsepower Mustang. Impractical? Totally. And I WANT one. Now, where did I put that winning lottery ticket?
- I like this one. Somehow I stumbled across it while looking for ways to keep myself from being destroyed in the fantasy baseball league I got roped into (I’ve decided that it’s hopeless by the way, and accepted my inevitable destruction). It’s a parody. But it’s funny, and actually rings true on a great many things. Check it out at DesigNate Robertson.
Ok, that’s five and I’m ready to start the weekend. Who’s with me?
What’s that? The day isn’t over yet? We can’t start the weekend until it is? Did you say… “over”?
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Alcohol, Baseball, Cars, Cognac, Commentary, Commodore 64, Features, Five Thoughts, From the News, Mustang, postaweek2011, Random, Shelby Cobra, Silly, stupid, Tech