Howdy folks, and welcome to another Five Thoughts on a Friday. Sitting here at home today drinking coffee as we go, so hopefully I don’t spill it all over the keyboard before I get this typed up. Been a bit of a crazy week around here, although you’d never know if from the lack of posts, huh? What can I say… I have a few posts in the works not called “Five Thoughts on a Friday” but they’re all sort of stuck in the mud right now. Oh well, enough about that – let’s see what we’re thinking about today….
- Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of the “Single shoe on the side of the road”. That’s always really confused me. Why is it only one shoe? And how did it manage to end up on the side of the road? It conjures up thoughts of someone rolling down the window and just sort of flipping it out of the car while they’re driving down the road if you ask me. And what happens to the other show at that point? Does it get thrown out of the car somewhere else? If you drive around town collecting single shoes, would you eventually end up with a matched pair?
- Got this link from my co-blogger a while back. Think it’s a pretty fun idea. Just um… If you’re serious about photography and have ACTUAL camera lenses around, don’t get it mixed up with the mug, and put your coffee into your actual camera lens, you know?
- Yes, I’m sure this article is slanted/biased/call it what you want. I still like it. That’s a weight loss program a lot of guys would probably be really interested in! Beer is better than exercise for losing weight? What’s there not to like??
- Jumping to auto news for a second (Hmm, right after the beer story – No, I’m not drinking and blogging), this has the potential to be a PR nightmare for General Motors. Some dealers are announcing their intention to charge as much as $20,000 OVER the sticker price. Ouch. Now, they’re perfectly within their rights to do it, but I have to figure the bosses at GM in Detroit won’t be too happy about it.
- I think these suitcase stickers are hilarious. I also think there’s no way on earth I’m bringing one of them anywhere near the airport while I’m on vacation. I don’t think the TSA and airport security have any sense of humor about anything. Let alone luggage stickers design to get their attention.
Ok, that’s 5 things and it’s time for me to head on out. We’ll be down at the local festival supporting the beer tent this weekend. Car shows, beer tents, fireworks… All within walking distance. Summer is good, no?
Speaking of summertime….
Have a great weekend everyone!