Friday is here once again, and so it’s time to cobble together five thoughts. You might have noticed the NFL draft started last night. If not, no biggie. It does lead to some interesting moments thought, and with that little observation we’re off and running into this week’s 5 things!
- I have a love/hate relationship with sports radio. I like being able to listen and get news and scores. I hate listening to some of the calls that come in to those shows. They’re painful to listen to. And in regards to a draft (especially in football), I’m convinced that some people will only be happy if their teams keep trading down until they own every pick in the draft’s last round. Of course, that wouldn’t make them happy either because they truly don’t seem to grasp one thing… EVENTUALLY YOU NEED TO PICK A PLAYER TO DRAFT!
- I’ll just file this one under “scary as heck“. There are still people unaccounted for, that stinks.
- While putting things under file headings… This one goes under HOLY CRAP!!! As if a headline reading Security camera in Ohio captures runaway saw blade isn’t enough to grab your attention. Make sure to check out the video.
- And….. this one goes under “What the…???” Seriously, the TSA needs to tell people that they shouldn’t being an automotive airbag (which is classified as an explosive device) onto an airplane??? Really? Sadly, I guess they do. So, were they carry on luggage or was it a checked (air)bag?
- This one is almost too easy. In fact, I debated not even using it but I just can’t pass it up though. Turns out that the SEC watches MORE than just stocks, bonds, and financial markets. It also watches PORN. Lots and lots of porn. On the taxpayer clock. So it’s stocks, bonds, financial markets, and boobies! (Among other things, I’m sure). We’ll just go ahead and file this one too. Right under “We can’t make this stuff up”.
That’s five, and to keep with our draft theme we’re going to turn back to a football related video on the way out. No, it’s not draft specific but I think it’s a fun one. Years back, a local sports reported decided to film a segment with then Detroit Lion Chris Spielman. To say it didn’t “go as planned” for the reporter may be an understatement.
That’s all for now folks, have a great weekend!