Merry Christmas folks!
It’s Friday! It’s Christmas Eve! It’s….. Christmas Vacation!
Still, here we are merrily posting away because it’s what we do. So, let’s get started, shall we?
- Now that the shopping is over, I have a suggestion for some of you stores… if you want to lock up the video games, that’s fine. I can see the little sign there that says “Please ask an associate for assistance”. You know what I don’t see though? One of your associates! They’re nowhere to be found! So I can’t buy the game from you. Here, let me translate that for you…. YOU ARE MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY! As a business, that’s a bad thing! You need to fix that.
- Last weekend was the last Saturday before Christmas. And what did old Beermaker do? He went and saw Yogi Bear. In 3-D. I thought it was pretty good. I mean, it’s based on a cartoon who’s premise was a bear stealing picnic baskets; so if you’re looking for some involved or meaningful plot… yeah. It’s Yogi. And Boo-Boo. And Ranger Smith. And it was good for a laugh. That’s all it needs to be.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of Christmas music at work this week. I look at it this way… The week before Christmas it’s almost unavoidable, so you might as well embrace it. My Co-blogger wants to ban A particular Christmas song by Wham! that he insists is overplayed. Kind of scrooge like, don’t you think? I mean, it’s only ONE song. And even Bob Geldof has called his Band Aid effort one of the worst songs of all time, but it still gets played. Ok, may not scrooge. How about Grinch?
- Why is that whenever this time of year rolls around, I always think about how nice it will be to have a few days off to relax when I know full well I’ll be running around busier than I usually am the rest of the year? I never learn. I have learned one thing over the years though. Despite my best efforts, I’m horrible at wrapping gifts. Thank God for gift bags!
- In case you hadn’t guessed by now, I pre-wrote this column. I hope that as you read this, your either enjoying a little a bit of quiet time before heading out for the holiday or you’re catching up after the fact. Either way, I’d like to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone from us here at The Beerbarrel. No matter what your beliefs, enjoy the day and enjoy the time. I hope you have a great one.
Ok folks. That’s Five
Gol-den rings! (Sorry, force of habit this time of year, you know?) and we’re off to enjoy the holiday. Since today’s post was the “Christmas Vacation” edition because, well, it’s Christmas Vacation… There really was only one choice to close out with… (The video isn’t from the movie, but the song is)
Merry Christmas folks!