Happy Friday everyone!
Why’s Beer in such a good mood this week? Is he planning another boondoggle or something? No, no. Well, I am, but it isn’t for a while. No, I’m happy because I might actually get a chance to sleep tomorrow! But, enough about that. It’s been a crazy week, and I there a few things I’ve been thinking about (It being Friday and all). So with that, it’s time for this week’s Five Thoughts.
- Let’s start with some news from the “You’re night real bright, are you?” department. We’ve all heard the phrase “Young and dumb”. The latest example of taking it a bit too far? A 26 year old in Pennsylvania finds himself now charged with a felony. For barking at a police dog at a DUI checkpoint. I do believe this is where we bring in our hero Red….
- Switching gears to the technology front. I’m currently able to do a side by side comparison of the new Apple operating system upgrade and the old version. Being the Luddite that I am, I have not yet upgrade while people I know have. Many of them are not fans of the change. Apparently they aren’t alone. Although none of the people I know who don’t like it are complaining about it making them sick. Oops. Then again, maybe it’ll help cut down on texting and driving. Bright side folks, look on the bright side!
- Speaking of turning stomachs… How about a list of ‘Retro’ foods that are making a comeback. Including Rolaids! Which should help settle that stomach ache you’ve got from your iPhone. More than anything though, this article is proof. Twinkies are going to be around forever!
- We interrupt this list of things that could be considered ‘over the top’ for an idea we think is totally cool and not over the top, a gimmick, or silly. It needs to happen. As one of the classiest (and best) players major league baseball has ever seen is wrapping up the final few games of his career – Mariano Rivera wants to play center field for the Yankees. And the Yankees just might let him. This needs to happen. It would be really cool. Just like the send off he got at Yankee Stadium in his final game there.
- And now back to things that might be a bit over the top. Except, there is no ‘might’ involved in this one. This is not ‘over the top’, this is textbook ‘OverKILL’. What am I talking about? I’m talking about a US Air Force test program to deal with pirates. By bombing them out of the water using supersonic B-1 bombers. Yep. Overkill. But definitely a kill, I’d say. And I can help but think the pilots would be playing this.
Okay folks, that’s five and I’m out of here. Busy night tonight that includes going to benefits with beer. Or was it beer with benefits? Ah well, I’ll get it sorted out when I get there. Not to worry, it’s not excessive… it’s just overkill.
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Air Force, Features, Five Thoughts, From Beermaker's Brain, From the News, iPhone, MLB, Pirates, Silly, stupid, Tech, Yankees
Howdy folks. Here we are on yet another Friday. Looking at the calender I notice that this is my last opportunity to post a Christmas in July edition. Don’t worry though, I think I’m going to pass on that chance this year. Still, it’s been a busy week with a lot of funny things to choose from if you operate with the type of addled brain I do. So, let’s get this one going for the week and see where we land…..
- Nascar team owner Jack Roush walked away from a plane crash in Wisconsin this week. It’s his second plane crash in the past 8 years. Um… Mr. Roush? You appear to be very good at quite a few things, I hate to be the one to point it out, but flying planes (or specifically, landing them) doesn’t seem to be one of them. Surviving one plane crash is luck. A second crash? That’s a hint. Leave the piloting to someone else.
- The biggest oil leak you’ve probably not even heard about is causing concerns that the oil make head into lake Michigan. Hey, isn’t that where those Asian carp are headed for too? What happens if the carp and oil meet up? Do we get a Godzilla like carp monster? Maybe Lake Michigan is the place to be this fall, but I don’t think that’s the type of tourism campaign Michigan wants to run.
- I really, REALLY have to put this in the “This is news?” category. Yes, i understand Apple has taken a position of not wanting to offer adult oriented applications for it’s iPhone in it’s store. That’s all fine and good, and their choice. But really, did anyone not see this coming? If they didn’t, they obviously haven’t been on the internet in the last oh, 10-15 years. This is a surprise? Porn on a internet enabled phone? I’m shocked! Shocked I say! (No, I’m really not.)
- I guess if your team is hovering around .500, you look for anything you can to light a fire under them and get them motivated. Some thing like Oh, I don’t know, complaining about the shoes the other team’s pitcher is wearing.
- Every once in a while, you stumble across a topic that you don’t even have to add anything to. As soon as you see a headline that says “Power your building with a flush” you know that you’ve stumbled upon a ready made entry for that week’s list. I love the easy ones. Say it with me folks… Toilet Power!
Wow, we were really all over the map with this one today, weren’t we? I could play it up as needing a vacation (I do, but I always think I do) as a reason for closing with the video picked out for this week, but it isn’t. Turns out my co-blogger will be on vacation before I get a chance to go, but that isn’t the reason either. No, today’s reason for this particular video?
I heard on the radio on the drive in and thought it was kind of catchy. Pretty deep reasoning, huh?
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Advice, Asian Carp, Features, Five Thoughts, From the News, iPhone, MLB, Oil Spill, Porn, Tech, Toilet Power