Hello everybody! I’ve finally been able to make a return appearance writing for the blog. So since, Beer is off on one of his famous boondoggles, I’m starting this blog off with a video to just say hello everybody….
1. Since it’s been a very somber week, I really don’t want
to bring anyone else down any further. However, after reading about this individual I need to let people know about him. I do have to admit that I’m not sure I’d be hanging out with this guy though going forward. I mean I’ve heard of bad luck, but I think this fella needs to lock himself in his house and not leave for a little while.
2. It’s a miracle. How could 2 teams, unknown “experts” and sports fans have not figured out the problem? Man, I’m glad this guy knew what to do and why is he not employeed by a team somewhere if this is true??
3. Yeah, I got nothing for this clip. It just cracks me up.
4. You know, you’d think as humans we’d learn from our mistakes. Heck, you’d think that we’d learn from others mistakes even better because we all know we like to say stuff like, “Man, what were they thinking?” In the wake of some dumb advertising choices lately, you’d think you’d really watch your procedures and protocols. I’m guessing this ad agency wasn’t doing that.
5. Okay, I’d like to take a moment and apologizes to our normal readers. Those that have been with us through the years know my hatred for Hollywoods remakes. I’m about to eat crow people….this looks like a fantastic summer “shut the brain down” enjoyable movie that I can’t wait for:
Okay folks. Sorry as this is not up to the normal Beer standards as he’s off on his boondoggle and I’ve got to get my typing fingers back in the groove of things. I think I need to finish this post though with a song in honor of the Beer having fun. Hmmm, I think he’ll be using this song title alot:
Howdy folks, and welcome to another Five Thoughts. Due to Beer stayng up to watch the Wings/Sharks last night, I’m running a bit behind today and I’m pressed for time. So today’s post is going to include a quick wrap up of our second round picks, and then we’ll try to get to some silly stuff. See, I really do write this stuff on a Friday!
- It’s on the the conference finals for the NHL playoffs now. In the West you have Vancouver and San Jose and in the East it’s Boston and Tampa Bay. We’ll get to the writeup for the picks later tonight or tomorrow morning.
- I have to say it wasn’t the ending I wanted last night with San Jose winning, but as someone who’s been fairly critical of the NHL I have to give credit. That was one of the best , closest playoff series I’ve seen in a long, long time. Take away Detroit’s empty netter in game six and every single game was a one goal game. That one went 7 games and there wasn’t a snoozer in the bunch. Good show, boys. Okay… on to the silly!
- Silly, sad, or dumb? Not sure I can decide. It appears that not Maytag has decided that the Maytag Repairman is going to be taking a back seat in their commercials. Now, I know the original guy is no longer with us. And the new guy doesn’t seem to have caught on as much, but still… so much for pop culture. I guess nobody gets ANY appliances fixed anymore, huh?
- Speaking of pop culture…I’m willing to give Johnny Depp a fair bit of leeway I guess, and let him have the benefit of the doubt for now but I have to admit, When I read the headline “Depp wants to ‘reinvent’ Lone Ranger-Tonto relationship” well, let’s just say the first thought to cross my mind was the line from Star Wars…. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this”. You’re messing with pop culture history there.
- If you’re traveling in the near future, you may want to skip this next one. It’s a video of a lightning strike on a plane landing in London. Personally, I think it’s freaking cool. Especially since it didn’t harm the plane and nobody got hurt.
Ok, that’s a quick five folks. Not quite as hockey heavy as I thought it was gonna be, but still worked some in there. And now, I’ve gotta jet. Weekend is here.
You know who else knew how to jet? Hugh Hefner, that’s who. This one is worth it just for the background music.
Have a great weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Commercials, Features, Five Thoughts, From Beermaker's Brain, hockey, Hugh Hefner, Johnny Depp, Lightning, Lone Ranger, Maytag Repairman, NHL, Playboy, playoffs, Pop Culture, postaweek2011, Red Wings, Sharks, Silly, Travel