It’s Friday again folks, and that means it’s time for Five Thoughts. For the record, I believe this post now holds the title for longest “post title” on the blog.
- It seems Wayne Newton forgot where he left his plane. The folks at the Oakland County airport haven’t forgotten about it though, or the storage fees. Hey, if you’re going to abandon an airplane – an airport might not be a bad place to do it. I mean, who’s going to notice one more plane right away… right? Danke schön there, Wayne.
- It’s amazing how disruptive little things can be in an office. Little things like the cleaning crew coming and shutting down the restrooms for cleaning at a different, random time each day. C’mon! Pick a time and stick with it so we can schedule these things, ok? We live off of outlook calendars here. We don’t do well with random times!
- Been an awfully rough week for Toyota. Still, it was probably to be expected. After all, everyone loves to take a shot at the champ. Heck, even the US Secretary of Transportation got into the act for a bit, initially telling people not to drive their cars. Funny how they always say that stuff, then pull back a bit isn’t it?
- This could probably have been a post all on it’s own, but we’ll mention it here. This doesn’t apply to most workplaces, but if you work somewhere where a coworker might be filming a television segment (with you in the background) and you want a demonstration of what NOT to do… Watch the video in this story.
- And lastly, there’s the tiny little football game being played in Miami this weekend. The Beerbarrel’s prediction for the game? Our prediction is… pain. No no, Just kidding. Our official prediction is that the first commercial after the opening kickoff will belong to Anheiser Busch. (Of course, having said that, watch it be Pepsi)
What, you didn’t think we actually had any insight on the actual GAME, did you?
We’ll close up with one of the great Superbowl ads of all time… “Nothing but net”
Have a great weekend folks!