It’s another holiday that has come upon us and you know what that means…another siesta for my co-blogger. He made sure that I remembered that the “Five” was my responsibility and that it needed to be on a Friday, not the Thursday that I usually cheat with doing. Unfortunately, unlike my coblogger, I have to work and just got out of some meetings. So let us begin:
1. We’re both big fans of the King here at the Beerbarrel and I personally think that we’ll never see another performer like the King. No one can match his personality, rockstar lifestyle and love of Peanut Butter and nana sandwiches….well almost noone. Someone needs to explain to this guy, not everything the King did was good!
2. You know if this lady would have just held out for singing like Big Mama Cass or even the King, she probably wouldn’t be in this trouble right now. She didn’t and decided to give a new meaning to the line “hold the pickle please.”
3. Growing up, movies were cool. No question about it. What can kids of today say, we grew up when “Twilight” was big…bleh. Give me a truck, a Trans Am and a dog….
4. Next week…..NHL Playoffs start….’Nuff said (well, maybe alittle more, but you’ll have to wait for our Playoff special blog)
5. Finally, to finish the blog with yet another video. I bring you this in honor of the Easter Bunny!
Have a great weekend!
Posted in Random Thoughts
Tagged Beer, Easter, Easter Bunny, Elvis, Five Thoughts, Hamburger, Monty Python, NHL, playoffs, Smokey, stupid
Spam, Spam, Spam…
Folks, it’s time to talk about spam. And not the kind pictured above. I actually like THAT stuff. Did you know they serve it with damned near everything out in Hawaii? It’s true. They even make Spam sushi!
No, I’m here to talk about the online equivalent of old postal junk mail. Yeah, THAT spam. Now, I have to admit – most of it is annoying, some of it is obscene, and a lot of it can be downright malicious (Either looking to infect a machine, or steal personal info). But to read some of it.. I have to laugh at some of it.
We had a few comments get caught in the spam filter here recently. Most were gibberish – unintelligible links and such with no substance to them. But there were two.. Oh were there two. I think they were just spitting words out of random word generator or something. I couldn’t help but laugh.
So now, in all their glory (and none of their trackbacks or links) is what I found:
We particularly treasured learning your distribute. Many thanks!Your area of look at closefisted to be able to the neural all the best, do you consider the Rss feed nutrition ?
Who knew an RSS feed needed nutrition?
And not to be outdone…
Unquestionably suppose that you simply expressed. Ones much-loved rationale looked like there was on the net the most effective thing to learn. I explain to you, When i certainly receive agitated even though folks think of problems that people obviously don’t understand in relation to. Everyone been able to come to a finger nail upon the very best and in addition outlined your complete idea with no need sideeffects , persons will take a transmission. Is going to be to read more. Thank you so much
Yeah, I often come to a fingernail. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to take a transmission.
And since the opening of this was designed to hopefully stick this song in your head… here you go!