Howdy folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. As you can see from the title, I’m trying to figure out where the week went to. Don’t get me worng, I love the fact that I’m staring down the weekend already. I’m just trying to figure out where my week went to. Anyways, let’s get things rolling, shall we?
- A while back, my co-blogger was pondering the hockey question… What’s wrong the with New Jersey Devils? Here’s a microcosm of the problem right here…
- Changing gears… almost literally for this one. I’m a huge fan of advanced automotive technology. I like new things, even thought I’m a die-hard muscle car guy at heart. Still, there’s one change on vehicles that’s come along that I don’t think I’ll ever get used to. The cap-less fuel fillers. That’s right, no gas cap. None. Nada. Zilch. You just put the nozzle of the gas hose into the filler. It just doesn’t seem right.
- Once again, the Black Friday deals have “leaked” out in advance. Let me repeat that…. *Once Again*. Funny how these “leaks” occur just as people start making plans on where to go shopping on Black Friday, isn’t it? Almost like it happens on purpose. That couldn’t be what’s happening, could it? I mean, then they wouldn’t be “leaks”!
- An interesting piece on the decline and impending demise of residential phone books. You know, the white pages. I guess their time really has passed due to technology and all. Still, there are a couple of interesting things from the article. What I want to know though, from a line near the end of the article, is how the hell you do a doctoral dissertation on phone books??
- Ok, this guy came straight out of the loony bin. Restraining orders against President Barack Obama, Jesus Christ, and.. Tim Teebow? Yeah, I think a lot of people get those three mixed up all the time. You have to read the article. And I have to get in touch with some of my friends in Florida and find out what exactly they’re putting in the water down there.
Ok folks, that’s five and it’s time to get the heck on out of here. Need to find something to listen to and relax. You know, unwind a bit. This should do it.
Have a great weekend folks!