Good morning everyone, and welcome to this week’s edition of Five Thoughts. As you may or may not have
heard been bombarded with media coverage of, today is apparently a significant anniversary of a major event in United States political history. And that’s all I’m really going to say about it. Not because I of any political stances, but simply because I’m sure you’ll get (or have already gotten) more than enough media coverage of it. So, what does that leave us to talk about? Let’s find out!
- I admit, I’m a bit of a science geek. Now, I have no great desire to research the inner workings of the universe or anything like that, but I do enjoy reading about some stuff. Like a giant supernova blast that emitted a bunch of gamma rays. Although I have to say, I was sorely disappointed that there was one glaring omission. Lets be honest here, no story involving gamma rays is complete without mentioning this guy.
- Think this is a very cool article, about a volcano creating a new bit of land off the coast of Japan. Except for the part where they talk about how the new island might be eroded away. Or it might not. Wow, way to cover all the bases there, guys. No fooling you.
- While we’re on the subject of our planet – here’s one from the weird. wild, nightmare, makes you wonder department. As in, the fisherman that caught it were wondering…. what in the world is that thing we just caught? Well, it’s a long-nosed chimaera. Here’s the description….
“boasts a whip-like tail and an enlarged cone-shaped nose” and paired with this other tidbit of info..
“these denizens, although they exist in oceans around the world, inhabit depths of up to 6,000 feet and are rarely encountered.”
- Coming back on land, we have news of a landing gone wrong. As in “landing at the wrong airport”. See what I did there? What the pilots did, however, was land a massive 747 Dreamlifter at the wrong airport in Wichita, Kansas. Oops. And when I say the thing is massive? Well, here – you can watch for yourself…
- And lastly, what’s a Five Thoughts without something from the “You’re not real bright, are you?” department? Especially when you work as a Financial Adviser, and you think the tolls on a toll road are optional. Leading to a whopping $202,000 in fines! When faced with a story like this, there’s only one man we can turn to. Red?
Okay folks, that’s five and from the looks of the weather report, I need to go get some firewood ready. It’s fixin’ to get COLD. No worries though, I’m not going to bust out the Christmas music yet. Even though they’re saying we may get some snow. In the meantime, I think this burnin’ number should get you warmed up.
Have a great weekend folks!