Good morning everyone, and welcome back to yet another installment of Five thoughts. As you can see, there isn’t much of an attempt at humor in the title based on the events of last night. In case you missed it, some nitwit who apparently wasn’t wired right in the brain decided to shoot up a movie theater in Colorado. So, the “Close call” theme I was working off of just didn’t sit right with me as I started writing this. So, I’ve moved a few items around, taken some out, and come up with what I’ve got. Let’s see how it fares, shall we?
- When I read articles like this, I can’t help but wonder how they can seem so calm about it. It seems a bobcat in Washington made its way *into* a state prison. I’m guessing they didn’t have much trouble convincing the inmates to stay in their cells once word got out. But this is what really makes me wonder. How can they so nonchalantly say “the animal must have climbed a fence or pushed in through some gap in the fence”? If I cat can climb the outside of the fence, or push a section in, couldn’t an inmate probably do the same thing to get out? Shouldn’t they maybe be a little alarmed about that?
- In the “Your not real bright, are you?” department. The next time you and your friends decide to be a smart ass and post a picture of you standing on lettuce while working at Burger King on an internet message board, make sure you’ve turned off the GPS data settings on you camera. As you can imagine, since we’re writing about it here, they didn’t. Burger King did however, turn off his employment.
- Sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction. Over the years, I’m sure we’ve all heard fables/stories/anecdotes about business owners and executives who use their positions and companies to purchase and “hide” strange items. Usually its cars, planes, boats, stuff like that (though usually completely unrelated to the business). Now, FBI recently seized some silver coins in a raid on a financial group’s holdings relating to a fraud confession. Seems normal enough though, right? Financial group, silver coins, all makes sense. Except for SpongeBob. Yes, you read that correctly. The FBI seized Silver SpongeBob SquarePants coins. I… have no other words.
- For the last two we’ll circle back around to the basic theme I was planning for this week’s post. People who got very lucky. I’m not sure if they should go buy a lottery ticket after this, or if they’ve use up their luck completely. Our first example is a scuba diver down near the Bahamas, who was filming a blue marlin being reeled in. The language can be a bit NSFW, considering the shock they got, it’s understandable.
- And of course, not to be outdone…. a Russian man went to gas up his car. Sounds simple, right? Maybe not so much.
Okay folks, that’s Five and I’m out of here. There’s beer to be brewed, beer to drink, and… Oh, yeah, walls to paint. Darned home projects. Ah well. Let’s leave with something a little off the beaten path today, since the big Batman movie did open last night…
Have a great weekend folks!