Wow, Friday again already. I guess it’s a good thing when the work week breezes right by. Lot’s going on and lots coming up. It keeps you hopping. Here in the States, we’re coming up on Memorial Day. Now, it’s regarded a a lot of things – 3 day weekend, the official start of summer, the okay to wear white (I don’t get that one either) but the real reason is to remember those who gave their lives in service to their country. So regardless of your opinions of anything currently happening, think kindly of those who have passed on. Now, there’s one other thing that Memorial Day weekend tends to bring, road trips! And NO, I am not playing “On the Road Again”. We’re staying home, but I am going to roll out this week’s five thoughts.
- We’ve already established that I like lists. I especially like lists that include a number of the scariest highways to drive on. Best part is, I’ve driven a number of them already, and have a trip scheduled for another. Worst part? I think my daily drive into the office is scarier.
- It’s like a road trip, but with BBQ! Having been through this area, I can also joke that to some it may qualify for the scary highway trip. The food, outstanding! The article, timely. Although in all honesty, there should be one more stop on that trail. A stop at the cardiologist’s office.
- Don’t go down THIS road. Seriously, this is a public service courtesy of the Beerbarrel. Do not *ever* use a search term like “wild Asian ass” in a search engine to finish the crossword puzzle of your local paper. It will not end how you think it will.
- The road at the bottom of the ocean. A cool story about a lost, but mostly preserved city being explored. Underwater. You’ll need a bigger boat.
- The end of the road? Granted, they haven’t done a really noteworthy vehicle of their own in decades now, but it would be really sad to see another historic automotive brand consigned to the scrap heap in the sky.
And that’s five roadmarkers thoughts, so it’s time to hit the gas and move along. Where are we going? Nowhere.
Have a great weekend folks!