Howdy folks, and welcome to another edition of Five Thoughts. Make yourself at home while I settle back into the chair here, it seems the King moved the seat around a bit last week. Sort of feels like someone else has been driving the car, you know? let’s get back at it, shall we?
- Wanting to show he’s just another resident, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing found the wheels and tires stripped from his SUV the other day. I guess that’s one way to claim to be man of the people… or something.
- I spent part of my evenings out in the garage this past week, working on a few things. So when I saw a post on “Tools everyone should own“, it caught my attention. Naturally, I have a problem with a few things on that list. For one, I consider safety glasses a necessity, not a tool. I have a pair with a really nice impact right in front of where my eye would be to make that point. But also, if you’re going to tell people they need a drill (Cordless at that)… doesn’t getting drill bits go along by default? Do you really need to list them separately? Then again… Yes, I guess you probably do.
- Staying near home… She obviously didn’t read our post. Or any of the other 7 million plus warnings that are out there. Instead, she was talking about delivering a guilty verdict. On Facebook. Before the jury had delivered a verdict. I have two words that describe this… NOT SMART.
- It seems that a golfer in California recently sparked a brush fire with his swing. Every time I hear or read this story, I can only think of one thing.
- Wow, talk about a travel story that’s both funny, and potentially scary at the same time. It appears that authorities have stopped someone from trying to go all “Snakes on a Plane” in real life! Really man? The movie wasn’t enough? Sheesh!
Ok folks, that’s five and it’s long weekend time! See you Tuesday, maybe!
And just because this one is fun, and a bit of Music History….
Have a great weekend!