Apparently that was not the droid I was looking for…. My droid phone is dead.
Howdy folks, and welcome back to a hijacked “Five Thoughts”. Hijacked, you ask? Well, yes. You see, my brain had gotten ambitious and started writing up a post for today.
Noisy little bugger, ain’t he? Anyhow, let’s get rolling on today’s thought’s shall we?
- I’m writing this post because my brain’s post got lost on the WordPress app for me droid. Apparently when you hit the save button on the droid up, it doesn’t save it to the site. Live and learn on that one. Speaking of cell phones. Holy mother of mercy I didn’t realize how expensive they were when you aren’t re-upping a contract!
- Over the past few months I’ve had several home projects that I needed to hire outside help on. Why do I mention this? I mention it because despite what you hear on the news, the recession is over. How else can you explain businesses standing up customers who are trying to give them their money. Yes, that’s right. I’m trying to hire someone and apparently they have so much business and cash that they do not need or want to take my money. Recession? What recession.
- A disturbing sight the other night at dinner. Now, I’m a firm believer in drinking what you like, and to hell with rules and such. What I saw was probably pushing the limits of that though. A glass of red wine, at a sushi restaurant. I’m sorry, but Blech…. Red wine and fish is just a combination that does not work in my book. I don’t know, maybe they were getting the beef teriyaki.
- Hockey is back. It started last night. I didn’t watch. I’ll admit it I was watching the Yankees bow out of the playoffs. Want to see a line that will churn all winter long in New York? “Jose Valverde striking out Alex Rodriguez to end the game. The punchout officially ended New York’s threat and marked the second year in a row that A-Rod struck out to end the Yankees’ season.” Yeah, that’s not going to sit well with Yankee fans.
- Sticking with baseball here for one last though. Hey TBS? You know that little blue strike zone indicator you put on the screen? I think it’s time to scrap that. Considering that in the games I’ve watched I’ve seen umpires call more strikes on pitches outside that box than in it. Yes, you can argue that the box is where the strike zone “should” be, but there’s “should be” and then there’s thing called reality.
Okay, that’s five thrown together thoughts for today. I’m off to go shopping for a new phone. Oh, and here’s your video. Trying to keep it on topic.
Have a great weekend folks!
Holy hot Friday Batman! Howdy folks, and hiya from the blistering heat of… the great white north???? You’d think we were living in the desert or something here lately, except for the humidity. Oh well, could be worse I guess. Let’s get a move on, shall we?
- Since a good chunk of the country has been experiencing the same heat we had, I figured we’d get a celebrity to come in and talk about it. And since that didn’t work, I found a clip on youtube. So, just how hot is it?
- On the gaming front, I think this line sums it up nicely from an article yesterday on CNET.
“A slight disturbance in the Force was felt this morning after BioWare, LucasArts, and EA announced that Jedi and Sith everywhere can now preorder Star Wars: The Old Republic for a limited time.”
I’m undecided on the pre-ordering. Heck, the game is still in the beta. I’m pretty sure you WILL find me logging in once it goes live though. Even if it’s just to have a look around at it. Of course, it isn’t ALL great news on SWTOR front. It appears some people aren’t thrilled with the plan for a limited launch. Me, I’ll admit to not thinking too much about it. Of course, talking about Star Wars gives me an excuse to use this, too. And any excuse to use this one is always welcome. Go for papa Palpatine!
Heck, since we’re on a Star Wars kick, let’s throw in one more!
- Like a lot of other people. I’m fascinated by Shark Week. And it starts July 31st. Apparently, nobody told the sharks though. They seem to have started early.
Last week there was a report of an 18 foot Great White in Massachusetts. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that movie before. But then today, I find another article about sharks. Now, I’ve always thought those folks in South Africa who go out to watch the flying great white sharks in boats smaller than the sharks were crazy, idiots, insane, well… you get the picture. Why did I think that? THIS, This is why I thought that. The damned shark LANDED ON THE BOAT.
Chief Brodie, what do you think of all this?
- Of course, not to be out done. Some dogs have gotten in on the action in the land down under. A dog was swimming around and actually bit a shark! Yes, you read that correctly. It doesn’t say the dog was bitten by a shark, it says the dog bit the shark. That’s right, Fido was doing the biting.
- My my my, we’re killing the bandwidth with the videos today, aren’t we? So let’s keep it up. They say you’re not supposed to cry over spilled milk, right? Well, how about One Million Dollars worth spilled wine? Cry? I’d probably be screaming bloody murder. Again, it was worth One. Million. Dollars.
Ok, that’s five and we’re off to see the lizard.. no, wait.. that was yesterday. Some friends (not me) went to see Jimmy Buffet. He was definitely the king of somewhere hot last night. Me, I stayed in and tried to stay cool. So, let’s head on into the weekend. And although I know my co-blogger will probably start doing his “Hulk Smash” routine when he sees I used it, I have to close out with this one. It’s just too easy.
Have a great (and cool) weekend folks!
Posted in Feature
Tagged Commentary, Dogs, Features, Five Thoughts, From Beermaker's Brain, From the News, Heat, Heat Wave, Hot, Jimmy Buffet, postaweek2011, Shark Week, Sharks, Silly, Star Wars, Video Games, Videos, Wine